Last few months I’ve heard some noise on document-oriented database systems. At first I dismissed it as the next hype in web development, but last night I’ve cave in. Partly because I’m at yet another conference, Scottish Ruby Conference. This community is really focused on the early adoption of new technologies so they may be the tipping point for this hype.
This is parts of a series on making a RepRap.
Because we’re not used to working with electronics, the BOM (Bill of Materials) of the RepRap (as found on the RepRap wiki) looks pretty frightening at first. After a second, third and fourth look things became a bit clearer.
RepRap is an open source replicating rapid prototyper, available under the GPL license. You can assemble it with (most) parts available in your local hardware shop. More then fifty percent of a new RepRap can be printed out by other RepRap’s. And we are building one…
If you want to get started with Android development, you’ll need to setup some things like the SDK, an IDE and a AVD. In this post I will walk you through the setup of these things, crating a test project and getting the project running on the emulator.
A few weeks ago we started our first commercial RoR project. For this product-catalog site we wanted an easy solution for image uploading and decided on Paperclip. This needs ImageMagick and that gave us some worries.
So if you are struggling with installing ImageMagick and getting it running for Ruby, try these steps…
Although I was pretty skeptical about the schedule at first, I decided to attend dConstruct, a conference that was on my wishlist since I’ve heard about it. dConstruct is the affordable one day conference for people designing and building the latest generation of social web applications. Steven Johnson kicked it off with a talk on [...]
- Google font API (614531 views)
- Timelab: technology & society (70500 views)
- Getting ready for Android development (69696 views)
- Installed new blog theme (41376 views)
- Designing the social web @ d'Construct 08 (39484 views)
- Stop watching fucking LOST! (30649 views)
- Adobe's Open Screen Project - One runtime to rule them all (30091 views)
- Schedule fotb07 (23792 views)
- document databases (MongoDB + PHP tutorial) (22235 views)
- Making a RepRap - Step 0: BOM (21417 views)