Last few months I’ve heard some noise on document-oriented database systems. At first I dismissed it as the next hype in web development, but last night I’ve cave in. Partly because I’m at yet another conference, Scottish Ruby Conference. This community is really focused on the early adoption of new technologies so they may be the tipping point for this hype.
This is parts of a series on making a RepRap.
Because we’re not used to working with electronics, the BOM (Bill of Materials) of the RepRap (as found on the RepRap wiki) looks pretty frightening at first. After a second, third and fourth look things became a bit clearer.
RepRap is an open source replicating rapid prototyper, available under the GPL license. You can assemble it with (most) parts available in your local hardware shop. More then fifty percent of a new RepRap can be printed out by other RepRap’s. And we are building one…
Although I was pretty skeptical about the schedule at first, I decided to attend dConstruct, a conference that was on my wishlist since I’ve heard about it. dConstruct is the affordable one day conference for people designing and building the latest generation of social web applications. Steven Johnson kicked it off with a talk on [...]
Yesterday I heard about a project I just love. Giuseppina Pasqualino di Marineo (33 yrs) started hitch-hiking in Milan heading for Jeruzalem. She wanted to promote world peace with this project and did it dressed as a bride. I just love how people can do extraordinary stuff for the wellbeing of others. Funny no-one (including [...]
This week I played the target, a citygame by La Mosca organized by Plugmedia. A dangerous gangster has just escaped from prison in The target. He is terrorising the city because a client will give him money for every crime he commits. Three policemen are sent to catch the man before he has managed to [...]
- Google font API (614531 views)
- Timelab: technology & society (70500 views)
- Getting ready for Android development (69696 views)
- Installed new blog theme (41376 views)
- Designing the social web @ d'Construct 08 (39484 views)
- Stop watching fucking LOST! (30649 views)
- Adobe's Open Screen Project - One runtime to rule them all (30091 views)
- Schedule fotb07 (23792 views)
- document databases (MongoDB + PHP tutorial) (22234 views)
- Making a RepRap - Step 0: BOM (21417 views)